ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

when to hope for *A award space LAX<>Europe?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by zoechow, Nov 2, 2017.

1. zoechow

zoechow New Member

There was some star alliance award space from LAX to Europe (best for me is Berlin) a few months ago. I grabbed two one way awards that seemed best at the time. Now, of course, my dates are shifting, and award space seems gone. There was SAS space and Swiss. The last thing available was LOT, and even that seems gone in July. I am searching with United, BTW, where I have miles through Chase UR. I don't see any availability through ANA either though.

Last I checked there was Miles and More availability, but I don't have enough miles there and cannot move them from Chase UR.

Does anyone know if there might be hidden availability? Does anyone know when to hope that more awards might be made available? Thanks!

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

I think the issue is more that you're looking for peak summer travel times and space just may not be there. Have you looked at other mid-continent airports like DEN, IAH, DFW, ORD to see if you can find *A space there? Or even up to Seattle or Vancouver. I'd definitely try to find the longhaul flight and position if needed vs. looking non-stop from LAX/SAN/SFO.

Gaurav likes this.