ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Destinations / Itineraries What is the best website to use to book a DXB-LHR/LGW-YEG-DXB trip?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Matt B, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Matt B

Matt B New Member

Two of us want to fly business class. We live in Dubai; we're going to the UK for a wedding for a couple of days, then on to Edmonton for a few weeks in August 2018. The exact dates are still unconfirmed.

Ideally, we would fly Emirates or Virgin to London, and then Air Canada, but I am pretty open to suggestions. We have a marginal preference for Star alliance, but we're not very loyal.

Google flights offers a lot of options, but ends up pricing at about 10K USD each for decent flights, and doesn't seem to be able to find the better return flights.

Expedia looks to be about 5K each - Emirates to London, then Air Canada for the rest, but the three hour-odd internal flight YEG-YYZ on the way back is in economy. This seems strange - I am 99% sure these flights have a business class section and, having checked several different days, I don't think they can all have sold out already.

Orbitz also shows up at about 5K each - the internal flights in Canada are business, but it doesn't show any direct flights between Dubai and London (all airports - there must be about 15-20 a day), and in fact suggests Saudia (*shudders*).

Am I missing something? I am not so precious that I can't cope with 3 hours in economy if that is the best way of doing it, but I don't think it is.

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Have you tried using ITA Matrix to price your flights? You might get better options there and it'll even give you the routing info so that if you can't find the price online you can give that info to a travel agent who should be able to use it to book that for you.

Matt B and No Name like this.
  3. Matt B

Matt B New Member

I have done that now! Thanks very much. It has the itinerary and prices I would expect.

I copied the information to bookwithmatrix.com, which then sent me to priceline.com. This is showing a green button with the right price, but nothing happens when I click on it! I don't know if this is a dodgy website or bad luck. Does anybody know of a good online agency to take this information to, or do I have to walk into an agency like Phileas Fogg?

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Try a different browser with priceline but if that doesn't work you might need to contact an actual agent.