ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Welcome to Ask Lucky!

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Tiffany, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Welcome to our forum! We're excited to have you here, so I wanted to share a few tips that will make it a bit easier for you to find the info you're after:

-- If you want to see what other people have asked and shared in the past, just click on the tag, ie [Award Redemptions] to see everything in that category. The odds are good someone has asked something similar in the past.

-- Make sure you've read over the Beginner's Guide to miles and points first. This will answer the bulk of the "getting started" questions, and will help with understanding some of the vocab.

-- If you're stuck searching award space, check out Ben's Tips & Tutorials for instructions on how to find saver space, which programs offer the best deals, and more.

-- Use the search function in the upper right, either here or on the blog. It's not amazing, but should work well enough to get you to a thread or post that might answer your questions more quickly.

Otherwise, make yourself at home! There are lots of amazing people with a ton of knowledge, and between us we'll do our best to answer your questions :)

2. frank

frank New Member

@Lucky, Tiffany or anyone else from the Team:
    just a small observation regarding the blog software: It seems to happen quite often that blog posts from a few days ago become "invisible" for some time. For example, right now (~9.20 a.m. in Germany) the article written by Matthew about traveling with Lucky does no longer appear on the first page, but not yet on the second page as well. The last post on the first page is "My first experience with Delta's...", while the first post on the second page is titled "Transfer Points To British Airways...". I noticed glitches like that in the past and also read some blog comments which suspected articles to be deleted (which most likely was not the case, but the article probably was invisible nonetheless...) Perhaps you should check this issue with the IT staff.

3. Tiffany

@frank -- Yeah, we know about it, but it happens so sporadically that we can't replicate it. It's specific to the second page, and randomly an entire day or half day of posts just won't feed onto that page. Fortunately, as soon as Ben posts another article everything resets and is back, but we don't know what causes it, so it's hard to fix.

We're working on some longer-term changes to the home page that would prevent this from being an issue at all, and appreciate everyone's patience in the meantime!

4. Stick47

Stick47 New Member

5. Stick47

Stick47 New Member

Tiffany. I have joined up and tried to post a question to Lucky but unless I am missing something, all I can do is preview the post. I don't seem able to actually post my question. Would appreciate any help>

6. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Welcome @Stick47 - I believe the first time you post a new thread @Tiffany (or another official blog person) has to approve your post. That helps weed out spam. Hopefully she'll be able to do this soon. Glad to have you on board.

Stick47 likes this.
  7. Stick47

Stick47 New Member

Gracias, amigo. We are flying to Europe in May and looking for all the help I can get.

8. Stick47

Stick47 New Member

9. Stick47

Stick47 New Member

I appreciate your help but for some internet or other reason, I can't post my question after many attempts so I will just forget it and move on.

10. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

@Stick47 just post it here and we can try to help. Maybe @Tiffany can move it into a separate thread later.

11. Tiffany

Hey @Stick47! Sorry for the delay, as I'm in Jordan with terrible internet.
    I don't see any pending posts from you -- if you're able to post here, you should be able to start a new thread though :(

Gaurav likes this.