ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Waitlisting SQ J awards

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by kpottermn, Dec 4, 2017.

1. kpottermn

kpottermn New Member

I've got 2 Y seats booked on SQ32 (SIN-SFO) in September but I'd like to bump them up to business class with points. Currently, those seats aren't bookable -- just waitlist.

Wondering how likely it is that these will clear? I'd rather not transfer a boatload of SPG points to KF if it's unlikely to go through. Does KF wait a certain period to start releasing J award space to its own members?

FYI, Expertflyer shows no seats booked so far -- just a few blocked seats.

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

No way to know unfortunately. Does EF let you set alerts for space on SQ?

3. kpottermn

kpottermn New Member

Plenty of space already shows on EF already, but it's all apparently waitlisted.

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

I meant for saver space. You might want to also check manually on a regular basis. Sometimes you can see space before waitlists are activated.