ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

VA flying club miles for Singapore business

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Gary, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Gary

Gary Reader

I’m looking to use my virgin miles to fly business LHR - Perth return May2018 on SIngapore with a 1 night possibly 2nights layover on way back can I use my miles & how many do I need to be in Perth by Friday lunchtime 24 May but cannot leave London before Thursday 23 am ( can be very early) is this do-able currently I have c160K miles but could boost Many thanks

2. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

Hello Gary.

Not that familiar with VA, but going from their award chart It would cost you 205000 miles R/T in SQ J.
    https://www.virginatlantic.com/cn/en/flying-club/partners/airlines/singapore-airlines.html

Since the award cost for flights LON-SIN-PER at 205K is in effect 2 awards having a layover on the way back should be possible.

The fastest flight on SQ would be SQ305 and SQ213, this will get you to PER at 12:50PM on the 24 of May. This is also the earliest of any connecting flights starting from LON on the 23 to arrive in PER.

The next earliest flight to arrive is an Etihad flight at 1 pm.

3. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

Gary are you sure about the dates? May 24 2018 is a Thursday, not a Friday?

4. phize

phize Member

Hi Gary,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you definitely will not find space. Singapore does not release premium cabin space on long haul flights to partners. The longest flights that Singapore releases to partners in J and F are ones to secondary cities in Australia (adelaide) and some Chinese cities and maybe Seoul on the a330.

So sorry about that.

No Name likes this.
  5. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Also, if you can since your trip is so far out, I’d really try to make yourself able to leave on that Wednesday instead of Thursday. No matter how you fly, you have 20+ hours in the air, plus the time change. If you can free up time to leave the night before, you will give yourself a lot of buffer.

Even Qantas nonstop gets you to Perth after lunch the next day