ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Using Points to Book for Others (Non-Family)

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by ohthatsgracie, Oct 11, 2017 at 9:00 AM.

1. ohthatsgracie

ohthatsgracie New Member

Hello everyone!

My goal: Book a trip to Southeast Asia from the Southern US using points for myself and my partner. We are not married.

Currently: I have Chase Ultimate Rewards & am highly contemplating opening a few AMEX cards to take advantage of their rewards system as well.

I've read that Korean Air does not allow you to book travel for someone else using your points. What is your experience? Any advice for me? Cards to open / how to redeem? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

2. Cedric Pinsonnault

Cedric Pinsonnault New Member

Most Asia carriers have this restriction. 2-3 years ago I booked a. award flight for a firend on ANA. Never had any issues. You had to add the person in your profile and there was a set number of people you could add if I rememebr correctly.

3. David W

David W Well-Known Member

If you use points for travel on SQ, they dont restrict booking for others based on relationship. For Korean Air, request Chase to issue your partner a card as an Authorized User. Once you do that, you can transfer points to your partner's KE SkyPass account to book. You will end up with two separate reservations.