ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Using Aeroplan Miles for United Economy Plus?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by pman1892, Dec 22, 2017.

1. pman1892

pman1892 New Member

I am looking to book a long haul international round trip for two adults and a lap child using Aeroplan miles on United. Since we'll have an infant with us we'd prefer the bulkhead but it appears that those seats are only available via Economy Plus.

Is there a way to get Economy Plus seats using Aeroplan miles? Can we pay for them via United after booking?

Thanks.

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

I believe you can. You could always cancel within 24 hours if it doesn't work for some reason. Let us know what you find!

3. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Economy Plus is considered an enhanced seating option, not a separate cabin. So while you can't use miles for E+ directly, if you redeem for economy you can pay for the premium seats.

If you have to change or cancel your tickets, however, United likely won't refund the seat fees, so that's something to be aware of.

Gaurav likes this.