ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Use of Points

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Timotr, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Timotr

Timotr Reader

I am retired and no longer travel regularly but have 1.6million Marriott Rewards points and about 300 thousand Starwood points along with varying Hilton/Hyatt/AA/UAL/Delta miles. I am LT Plat with Marriott-Starwood, Diamond with Hilton, Gold AA and UAL.

Given changes in programs, what is/are the best way to maintain/maximize points prior to Marriott changes? I generally take two - three higher end hotel 5 to 7 nite stays a year. I have a zero balance Alaska Air FF account, if conversion to that will enhance opportunities.

Suggestions?

2. Mongolianhippo

I am not retired and that's an amazing amount of Starpoints/Marriott points. I personally redeemed a package for Alaska miles before August hits. I'd like to do it again, though, because Alaska miles are amaaaaazing...