ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption USA to Dubai and Return

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by DT123, Apr 22, 2018.

1. DT123

DT123 Reader

Hello,

I am currently looking at a trip to DXB in the winter, and my question is Does United/Lufthansa release milage business saver award fare for flights from the USA (for instance Chicago) to FRA to DXB? and when does this normally happen? ( I have had experience with flights from USA to Europe in the summer)

Also, I'm hoping that an experienced Dubai traveler could tell me: What is the best way to deal with the 1-2 am departure times? (e.g. take a nap before the flight or sleep on the flight)...

Thanks,

DT123

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

I'd just keep checking, since LH doesnt restrict award space available to partners for J, like they do with F.

While they only serve DXB from FRA, many of their US destinations are served from both MRA and MUC. I'd recommend checking for space on ORD-MUC and getting a MUC-FRA flight.

Alternatively, you can also fly out of other LH US destinations and get a positioning flight from ORD, whether on the same award or a separate paid ticket.