ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Travel Agent Bust!

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by ChrisP, Jan 3, 2018.

1. ChrisP

ChrisP Reader

Hi,

I booked a ticket with Oman Air through a travel agent that has subsequently gone bust for our honeymoon. Unfortunately the agent hadn't paid Oman so they are just saying that I have to speak to the agent to get the booking ticketed which is now impossible.

I am not concerned about the money as it was covered by ATOL and I will get the it back from my credit card company.

Is there anyway that we can pay the airline what the agent was due to pay to get it ticketed as Oman are not being helpful?

My fiancee is stressing out as it was a one way LHR to BKI and booking a replacement ticket is going to cost double!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Chris

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

That's pretty bad. I would gather all your documentation and try to reach out to someone higher up in the corporate structure of the airline. You might also consider reaching out on social media. Good luck!