ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Transferring starpoints or MR points

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by DanielT, Nov 4, 2017.

1. DanielT

DanielT New Member

Hi all,
    With SPG's current promotion, being able to buy 120000 Alaska miles + getting a free stay for +- 2100USD is pretty sweet. If, of course, there is a possibility to transfer the points.
    I could buy 30K myself, and let my family members do the same. According to the SPG site you can just transfer miles between your household and there doesn't seem to be a restriction, although Lucky posted about this and wasn't sure: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/05/31/transferring-starpoints-between-accounts/
    Another option is to convert them into Marriott Points and transfer them. There is a limit of 50K, but you may exceed the limit when transferring for a specific redemption, which is the case.
    Has anyone done this and can he confirm any of this?
    Thanks!