ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Transferring Credit Limit

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Hunter, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Hunter

Hunter Reader

Hi all,

My fiance and I are in the process of planning a wedding, and I want to give her my SPG card while she plans to put charges on (we're getting married at an SPG hotel, so this is a no-brainer).

I would like to increase the credit limit on my SPG card by transferring some of my credit line from my Everyday card to my SPG card. My question is, will this result in an inquiry on my credit report? I'm trying to get under 5/24, and I don't want it to look like a new account on my credit report.

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

I dont believe it will, since you're not asking for more credit.

However, why not have her get her own card for the bonus? There's quite a few cards that are either new or have limited time increased bonuses.

MidSouth Skier likes this.