ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Star Alliance J lounge LAX with UA domestic first ticket

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Rohit Deshpande, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Rohit Deshpande

So I always assumed that the Star Alliance Lounge can be accessed with an international F/J class ticket and/or having ST gold status. Just today I came across this on their website (attached image). I'm kind of confused what this means. I will be flying UA F at the end of the month from LAX to IAH and was wondering does this mean I'll be able to use the Star Alliance business class lounge with my domestic first class ticket on UA? Thanks.

Also, I have a UA business class flight to Mexico coming up in a few days. I just wanted to check up again that I can indeed use the Star alliance J class lounge because this is an "international business class flight on a star alliance carrier" and this will be my first using the lounge on a UA ticket? Thanks all.

Attached Files:

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

What airline is your StarAlliamce status from? If it is from any airline besides United, yes you'd have access. If it's United, you only have access when flying an eligible international itinerary (typically outside North, Central America and the Caribbean).

No Name likes this.
  3. Rohit Deshpande

My status is with UA mainly :(. Guess that's a no for my flights to Houston. But I cannot access the lounge on my flights to Mexico with United? Thanks.

4. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Sorry Rohit, I stand corrected. I thought you were talking about the United Club. The Star Alliance lounge is different. Yes, you'd have access as a StarAlliance Gold member, you'll just have to give yourself enough time to get to TBIT.

5. Rohit Deshpande

Oh no you are good Ricky. I knew I had access as a gold member but sadly I didn't requalifu this year since I didn't have have many flights with UA last year. I will have silver at the time of these flights but will be traveling in first class. Will that give me access to the star alliance lounge? And no worries time won't be an issue, I've done the walk before just for views.

Also will my UA business class flights to Mexico give me access even though I don't have gold status? Since this is an "international business class flight" i would assume yes, but can't ever be too sure. Thanks Ricky!

6. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

This is what United defines as international in order to get United Club access:

All other international routes are United Business® and include use of the United Club: Guam, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, Colombia, Venezuela, and Ecuador.

I'm going to have to defer to someone else if that also gets you into StarAlliance lounge!

7. Rohit Deshpande

No worries you are a good Ricky. Thank you so much for your help and have a wonderful day. Cheers!