ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Sq on expert flyer

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Singapore on expert flyer, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Mick

Mick Member

Might be worth a try. Thanks for the suggestion!! Prob is I own that business seat andnwotriednif they take me off it I'll lose it. Unless they can hold it for me

2. MarkS

MarkS Active Member

Don't give up your seat! Just waitlist on a different reservation. If you can't do it online contact SQ again and see if they will do it for you. Tell them you want the SIN-SYD in first and waitlist on SFO-SIN. Tell them if it clears you will cancel the other one. Once they do it, call back and ask them to downgrade you on the SFO-SIN to business for the same points. It's worth a try.
    You don't have to have the points to waitlist.

3. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

@MarkS, I'm learning a bunch of new stuff in this thread. You don't have to have points in your account to wait list? I've always been told that I had to have enough points in my account to set up a wait list .

4. MarkS

MarkS Active Member

Sounds like I'm getting away with things you aren't supposed to with SQ!

All I know is I had a reservation from SFO-CPT for 80,750 on hold with about 70K points in the account. The agent gave me some time to transfer the points in. Then I waitlisted LAX-NRT on the website in first which is 74,500 or something. I ultimately cancelled the SFO-CPT, the waitlist didn't clear then I held this JFK-BKK on the 70K and have since put in enough to cover. Everything with the exception of LAX-NRT has been on the phone.

Don't tell on me!