ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

South African Airways avoids French Airspace

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by RobHorse, Oct 10, 2017.

1. RobHorse

RobHorse New Member

Hi Lucky,
    Yesterday I was tracking flights between LHR and JNB and noticed that all SAA flights avoided French airspace, and was wondering if you knew why this would be?

Attached Files:

2. rickyw

rickyw Active Member

Seems odd. Was the weather dicey above France? Looks like it only happens the past couple days, previously it was a direct routing

3. David W

David W Well-Known Member

That is quite odd...even weather shouldnt have an airline avoid an entire country so I think it's something else.

4. RobHorse

RobHorse New Member

I do think weather was an issue as all the BA flights and VS flight to and from LHR and JNB took a direct routing over France

5. RobHorse

RobHorse New Member

Seems tonight's flights from LHR are also routing around France....... I am very intrigued as to why

6. RobHorse

RobHorse New Member

7. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

We were flying out of CDG on Tuesday. had no idea whether we would actually be able to leave or not.