ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Singapore Airlines EWR-SIN Business award availablity

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by JPD, Jun 20, 2018.

1. JPD

JPD Reader

You posted quite a few times about the new, non-stop SIA flight between EWR and SIN, including when seats became bookable earlier this month. Unfortunately, it seems that saver rate business class award redemptions are unavailable on this route (outbound and return) through the end of schedule. I'd love to hear SIA's explanation for this, as there are certainly plenty of empty business class seats on these flights (like all of them).

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

It only became bookable a few weeks ago. Airlines dont always release seats for awards right away. Also, generally airlines don't make promises that guarantee releasing award space. Not much you can do but wait. If you want to take the flight and waitlist is an option, go for it.