ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Singapore Air - Standard Award

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by sr904, Oct 4, 2017.

1. sr904

sr904 Reader

Looking at redeeming some Amex points for Singapore business FRA-JFK for my family of 4. On the singapore air website it shows that 4 tickets standard would be 320K miles and 400$ or so.

my question is - As long as it shows that i would be able to book 4 seats when it shows the cost of 320K miles and 400$ that means as long as once the transfer hits and seats are still available there will be 4 seats at 80k? it won't try to jack the price up or anything like that? Would you recommend calling and confirming? Do they do a courtesy hold similar to AA?

Thanks s0 much!

2. HKFlyer

HKFlyer New Member

I think you just have to risk waiting and hoping they don't change anything. Usually, it doesn't change unless someone else books it

3. David W

David W Well-Known Member

As long as seats are still available, they will be at that price - 80k each plus taxes and fees. Pricing cant change - if it does, it's an error that can be corrected by calling SQ.