ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Destinations / Itineraries Should I cancel my ticket?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Chan Mei Mei, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Chan Mei Mei

Chan Mei Mei Reader

I booked AF/KL from HKG/BHX and LHR/HKG. I am not in any ffp in Skyteam but I am in QRPC (OW). I saw a fare that was approx 4620USD on QR but I already booked AF/KL using 3975USD. Should I cancel and pay the penalty for the better experience and qualifying points (I don't usually fly QR)?

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

What's the cancellation fee?

3. David W

David W Well-Known Member

If you're on one of AirFrance's planes with the new reverse herringbone seat, I'd probably keep that booking. Their soft product is pretty decent too.

Personally, I'd prefer an ultra long haul and short flight combo you're getting with AF/KLM versus two medium-ish flights on QR. However, if you do switch, QR's product is pretty decent, especially on their A380/A350/787s

4. Chan Mei Mei

Chan Mei Mei New Member

Approx 510USD per person

5. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Well when you factor in the cancellation fee and the price of the new ticket, youre paying over $5k. As great as QR is, I dont think it's worth the hassle and premium.

6. Chan Mei Mei

Chan Mei Mei New Member

Thank you!