ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Inflight Experience / Seating Shortest First Class flight with Lufthansa

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Alberto Gonzales, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Hey Lucky,

I am looking to redeem my first First-Class with Lufthansa. I want to get the experience of the service and after see many of your reviews I am convinced the Lufthansa has the best one (and also I have miles in United).

Because I have a limited amount of miles, I am looking for some route that doesn't demand a lot of miles. I am based in Europe (Brussels). Which route do you recommend me?

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

If you want to be able to truly experience the service, wouldn't you want to fly on a long-haul flight?

Woodrow and No Name like this.
  3. wilve

wilve Member

In practice, the cheapest would be Frankfurt to India, for 65k United miles. I also saw Frankfurt to Jeddah in Lufthansa First, but only on an A330

No Name likes this.
  4. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

To get the full experience you will want to fly from Frankfurt and visit the First class terminal there.

LH fly A330's from FRA to Jeddah , Riyadh and Kuwait City in the ME. Only Kuwait is realistic due to visas, or should I say lack of them in Saudi Arabia.

Flight to India is operated by A380's or B747's going to New Delhi, Mumbai and Bengalure.

But frankly if you are just doing this for the experience, and will be flying back on paid ticket in a different class or even a different airline, I would say pick a day flight going west.

What ever you do avoid night flights as the service level will normally not be as good, since the flight will be setup for people sleeping with regards to catering etc etc.