ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

SeaTac Delta SkyClub access for 18 year old

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Rohit Deshpande, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Rohit Deshpande

Delta's "house rules" for their skyclub one time access dictates that visitors must be at least 18 years of age, however any skyclub that has a self service bar requires all visitors be 21 years of age. My son just turned 18 and will be traveling through SeaTac on DL and I was ok with him getting a one time pass since he has quite a lengthy layover. But in lucky's review or anyone else's for that matter, I could not figure out if the new skyclub at SeaTac has a self service bar or not. Can anyone pitch in as to whether he can access given that he is 18, or no because that lounge has a self service bar? Thanks for your help.

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

I was there a couple of weeks ago and want to say that the bar was staffed but I'm not 100% on that. Maybe someone else can chime in. I might also check a few reviews (I think a few blogs covered the opening) and you might find a definitive answer in one of the reviews.

3. Rohit Deshpande

Hi Gaurav, so interestingly based on many reviews on many websites, I see two different bars in that one lounge (unless there is only one bar). One of the photos showed a bar that was definitely staffed, another photo showed a kind of mini bar where I definitely saw alcoholic drinks but couldn't see any staffing. But the view was obscure so I could not tell. But if anyone can input on this I would greatly appreciate it.

4. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Have you tried asking the Delta Twitter team? I'm sure they're a bit busy what with all the JFK mess going on but they might welcome a question that has nothing to do with rerouting someone!

Gaurav likes this.
  5. Rohit Deshpande

Hmmm I don't have a twitter account but I sure don't mind creating one to ask. Thanks for the suggestion!

6. Rohit Deshpande

Delta says all bars are staffed at the Newer SeaTac sky club so everything is good to go! Thanks for the suggestion!

Tiffany, rickyw and MidSouth Skier like this.
  7. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

The South terminal bar is staffed now too, as it's been remodeled, so he should be able to use either.

8. Rohit Deshpande

Hi Tiffany, please correct me if I'm mistaken but I believe I recall reading somewhere that if you purchase a day pass then that pass can be used that same day at all the membership lounges at that airport. Not sure if this was for UA, AA, or DL, or if I even read that correctly at all. But is it possible for him to access both SkyClubs the same day? Thanks!

9. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time