ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Run on the Bank?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Peter Aeroplan, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Hello,
    I am completely new to the loyalty/ frequent flyer/ miles world. EG, I seldom travel for business and don't use my credit card much.

Can someone please explain to me what the term `Run on the Bank' means as it relates to airline miles? I heard this term used in reference to Air Canada discontinuing it relationship with Aeroplan. I assume it means that holders of points/ airlines lines will rush to redeem their airlines miles once the relationship ends between Air Canada and Aeroplan.

Thanks, Peter

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

You have the correct interpretation, but the rush usually starts once the news breaks, not when the relationship ends (usually it wouldn't be possible to redeem at that point).

Tiffany likes this.