ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Routing Advice (Oneworld)

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Deborah35, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Deborah35

Deborah35 Reader

My brother is currently booked ORD-PHL-LHR-MUC in AA J (LHR-MUC operated by BA). He arrives in MUC at 1:40pm where he's meeting our parents for a vacation. Two new options popped up today...#1-ORD-MAD-MUC in J on Iberia. It arrives at 11:40am but only has a 1:05 connection in MAD. #2 ORD-LHR-MUC on AA in J (787-8) but an overnight in LHR. The LHR flight arrive at 10:40pm and the the connecting LHR-MUC departs the following day at 7am. But it arrives in MUC at 9:50am roughly 45 minutes after our parents. Would you switch to either of the options or keep the original routing?

2. RTBones

RTBones Member

One less connection means one less thing to possibly go wrong - if its me, I'd jump on the change. Per Madrid's website (http://www.madrid-airport.info/facilities.html) AA and Iberia are in the same terminal - which means one hour 5 minutes should be plenty of time to connect as long as this is all on one ticket. If you are really concerned, you could also check to see if there is a later flight to MUC, in case the unforseable happens. But me, I'd be fine with the 1:05 connection. Given your brother is in J, he should be one of the first few people off the airplane as well.

If he decides he'd prefer to overnight at LHR, there are plenty of hotel options at/near the airport.

No Name, rickyw and MidSouth Skier like this.