ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Replacement AMEX Starwood card

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Craig Haley, May 14, 2018.

1. Craig Haley

Craig Haley Reader

The change effective 8/1/18 reduces the payback for each $ charged from 1:1 to 2:3, a 1/3 reduction.
    What credit card mimics the AMEX Starwood with the ability to transfer points to many airline FF programs? I am looking for direct transfers to as many airline as possible on an at least a 1:1 basic.
    Thanks.

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Amex, Chase and Citi all have cards that transfers to airlines, many 1:1. It's SPG that has the most airline partners.

Even after the change, transfers effectively are still 1:1, since 1 starpoint = 3 marriot points. You'll still have a bonus as well. If anything, the new Marriott program is improving some transfers.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/in-depth-look-new-marriott-airline-transfer-partners/

Sorry I couldnt find the OMAAT post about this - if someone does, please add the link!