ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Rental Car insurance England

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by David Cohen, Feb 6, 2018.

1. David Cohen

David Cohen Reader

Does a Chase Freedom credit card cover car rental insurance in England

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

David, their website says you are covered in the US and abroad, and to call the number on the back of your card for more detailed information.

I’d be shocked if England wasn’t covered, but you’d have to call to be sure.

Good luck!

No Name and Tiffany like this.
  3. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

David, the Freedom card charges a 3% Foreign Transaction Fee so you may not want to use it outside the US

No Name, Tiffany and rickyw like this.
  4. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Typically the only countries that are excluded from rental car coverage are the "I" countries (Ireland, Italy, Israel, Iraq, Iran) and sometimes Australia, New Zealand, and Jamaica.

Chase generally excludes Israel, Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Jamaica, but @MidSouth Skier is right that you probably want to use a card that doesn't have a 3% forex fee.

No Name likes this.