ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Refund for Cancelled BA Flight for Taxes and Seat Selection

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Dave Levy, Oct 11, 2017 at 8:25 AM.

1. Dave Levy

Dave Levy New Member

Made online reservations with BA in May 2017 for 2 people using BA miles for travel 1-way from Barcelona to Baltimore. Used miles and paid $429.30 in taxes and $198 for special seat selection. BA cancelled my reservations the day before the flight on 9 Oct and re-booked me on AA. AA airlines taxes would have been $246.12 and no charge for seat selection. How can I get BA to refund me the $198 and the difference between $429.30 and $246.12. The way I see it, BA owes me $381.18. I have gotten nothing but a runaround talking with BA four times on the phone. Did submit a request for refund on line but the form was for cancellation of the entire reservation as opposed to re-booking. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Try Elliott.org--they have a list of customer service contacts that you can use to escalate your request.