ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 7

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Ben C, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Ben C

Ben C Reader

I have a BA companion voucher from Amex Platinum BA CC which expires March 2016 and just over 400k Avios points. 2 of us want to go to New Zealand early 2016 before it expires but I am having real problems getting info out of BA on how we can use this voucher and when award flights are likely to be opened up. Plan is probably to fly BA to Sydney and then shuttle across but open to suggestions. Hoping to go business class and also happy to hub through London to minimise APD fees. Can anyone give me any help as I find the BA site more than confusing when it comes to planning how to attack such a trip.

Many thanks

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Ben C -- Your best bet is going to be to search segment by segment, which will maximize your chances of finding space. In other words, search space LHR-SIN and SIN-SYD separately, and once you've found space you can search them at once through the website. Space can be really tough to find, though, so it may take a lot of flexibility, especially during peak season.