ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 228

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by David, Jan 12, 2015.

1. David

David Reader

Lucky, I am trying to redeem AA miles for Cathay first class award seat from SFO - SIN.
    1. How many is the max layover/connection under 24 hrs that I can make? I try to search the routing piece by piece and combine them into one valid itinerary. So here is what I get
    Nov 1, SFO-LAX on AA metal, 0810-0947hrs.
    ...connecting to LAX-HKG on Cathay same day, 1125hrs. Arrived in HKG Nov 2, 1905hrs.
    ...connecting to HKG-SIN on Cathay next day, Nov 3 depart 1425 hrs arrived at SIN 1820 hrs.

Is this valid routing and will cost 67,500 AA miles for first class award seat?
    If this is valid, I still have to transfer some points from my UR and MR to AA acount, can I call AA reservation desk and place this itinerary on hold, usually for how long max hold time?

2. Another question, does Singapore Airline allow us to add a stopover for $100 fee on one way award redemption?

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ David -- Yes, that would be valid and cost you 67,500 miles. American can hold awards for five days. Singapore does allow adding a stopover to a one way award for $100.