ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Question 214

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Nash D, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Nash D

Nash D Reader

Thanks for the tip about Etihad Guest. Was this the post you mentioned you were going to make about using Etihad Guest miles? ? It looks like those miles seem useful only for Intra-middle-east travel. Was that the benefit you were mentioning?

I happened to notice this post by Gary on crediting Etihad-metal miles:

He makes an interesting point on crediting to ANA (they would give 125% bonus for Z fares as well), however, they have fuel surcharges too, which can be pretty steep on carriers like Lufthansa or Swiss, but fairly cheap on Turkish, United, US and Air Canada according to this other post:

Etihad, would charge approx 130k miles in Business to fly SFO-AUH-BOM in their own program. Should we still credit to Etihad, or would ANA be a better option?
  2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Nash D -- If those are the two options then I'd say ANA is a better option, especially since you can top off ANA accounts with Membership Rewards points. If Korean Air returns as an Ultimate Rewards transfer partner, I'd consider them interesting as well.