ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 10

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by steven k, Jan 1, 2015.

1. steven k

steven k Reader

Lucky,
    today, i finally bit the bullet and applied for SPG amex using your link, and was approved.
    do i get 2 stay/ 5 night credit just this time or every year?
    also, how much would you say is a decent credit line amount for this card?

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ steven k -- You do receive two stays and five nights towards elite status each year, which should post within a couple of months. You'll receive that again at the beginning of next year, etc. As far as credit line goes, all depends on your income, how many cards you have with Amex, etc. No such thing as a "decent credit line," in my opinion. In general I try to have at least $5K in credit per card, but that's not to say that less isn't "decent."