ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Quadruple Dipping

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by rickyw, Nov 6, 2017.

1. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Food for thought on a Monday...

We went out to eat this weekend at a restaurant in the neighborhood. I recently downloaded the Dosh app that offers cash-back at local businesses. The restaurant was featured on there, so we thought we'd check it out. Made a reservation on OpenTable. This morning, I received an e-mail from Dining Rewards thanking me for visiting, and asking me to review the restaurant. I honestly didn't even realize they were on there.

So to sum up, for a $70 tab... received:
    - 210 Chase UR points
    - $4.90 Cash Back thru Dosh
    - 350 SkyMiles thru Dining Rewards
    - 1000 OpenTable points

Not really a question here, just interested to hear people's thoughts on this whole concept. Obviously, we as consumers love it. After doing the research, there's 5 other restaurants I can check out within a 20 minute drive of my house and do the same exact thing. But, from the restaurant's standpoint... is this sustainable?

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Nice. Probably not sustainable if a lot of people are doing it but with a low rate of usage it might fly under the radar...

No Name and rickyw like this.
  3. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Good reminder too. I've been meaning to try Dosh and this was a prompt to do it. Found a few restaurants around me that allow triple dipping! :)