ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Qatar Airways Business Class - which aircraft to pick?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Pirooz, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Pirooz

Pirooz Reader

I am planning a trip to the Middle East in a few months from Washington DC. I am looking to fly on Qatar Airways and have a few choices. Either I can fly directly from IAD (Dulles) on a Qatar Airways Boeing 777-300ER (with the older Business Class) or I can make a quick connection in Boston and fly their newer A350-900 aircraft (with the newer business class). The date of the Boston flight is one day after that of the flight from Washington, and I would rather leave later, but am willing to go a day earlier given that I will not have to make a connection. Please note I know that Qatar's Qsuites will be flying to Dulles for a short time, but my travel does not fall into this window.

Is the delta between Qatar's two business class products (777-300ER vs A350-900) large enough to make the connection worth it, or should I just fly directly from Dulles?

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Are you traveling solo? The 777-300 does not offer all aisle access from every seat, so you could potentially be stuck next to a stranger for 14 hours.

On the other hand, the lounge situation at Dulles is significantly better. You could use the Turkish lounge or BA Galleries lounge.

If costs are the same, I'd go to Boston. I also have never been on the A350, so that'd be a treat.

No Name likes this.
  3. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Yes, I'd pick the new aircraft too!

4. HKFlyer

HKFlyer Member

A350 of qatar is far superior. The connection is totally worth it!

5. Andy2003

Andy2003 New Member

Unless you're sure you absolutely cannot make it in time for the Qsuites, then I would definitely connect in BOS and take the A350, a far superior product IMO