ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Industry News / Opinions Qantas Inaugural flight Perth to London

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Eddie K, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Eddie K

Eddie K Reader

I am planning to take inaugural flight on QANTAS from Perth to London on March 24th but the flight is full for business class. Is it worth to take inaugural return flight from London to Perth on March 25th? The ticket costs around 5000 $ one way.

Please advise.

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

"Worth it" is very subjective. If you're a true av geek and something like that really excites you, then it may be. I prefer to use my time off to get to destinations in comfort and focus on activities there vs. traveling just to experience a certain product/route.

No Name and rickyw like this.
  3. RTBones

RTBones Member

As MidSouth says, it "depends". I liken flights like this to what railfans in the US call "rare mileage" - in other words, a scheduled train is taking a route that it wouldnt normally for some reason (by which I mean the train is traveling down tracks that would not ordinarily see passenger trains these days.) Most normal passengers just want to get where they are going, while the railfans want to get there by the rare route, simply because its rare. We all have different things that excite us. If this is one of yours, I wish you a safe and pleasant journey and hope you come back to tell us about it.

No Name and rickyw like this.