ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Inflight Experience / Seating Paid Lufthansa First through United's Website

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Dawsen Dipietro, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Hi Everyone!
    I'm looking to book paid first class for me and my wife to Italy in the spring. I searched google flights for prices from JFK to FLR (Florence, Italy) and found Lufthansa first class through FRA for about $5000 a piece. Then I saw that the price was only offered through United's website while on Lufthansa Website it was over double the price! If I book through United will I experience the same trip as if i booked straight through Lufthansa's website (JFK dining lounge, FRA lounge, car service, etc)? Just seems odd how its so much cheaper through United's website... Thank you!!

2. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

Hello.

You should get the same service on Lufthansa. Just watch out for Swiss Air in cases like this, they like to restrict certain privileges only to people who book directly with them.

And yes it's not unusual for United to sell First class cheaper than LH and Swiss will sell it on their own.

3. travlermb

travlermb New Member

I did something similar, IAD-BUD for November, purchased through UA, much cheaper, was automatically assigned seat 3D. Once I had my LH confirmation code I called LH to switch to 1D, no problem.

No Name likes this.
  4. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member