ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Inflight Experience / Seating Over-the-top airline menus

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by GBOAC, Dec 25, 2017.

1. GBOAC

GBOAC Member

I've just finished reading Lucky's Israel trip review and I noticed that the first page of both Aer Lingus and Delta's menus were full of over-the-top prose describing the incredibly great food about to be served -- we have the best local produce or we have the most wonderful chef creating the most wonderful meals. Granted the food up front at least is likely to be reasonable but does anyone expect seasoned travelers to believe or even read this stuff. So why do airline waste time, resources, and effort producing this marketing bafflegab.
    I will admit that there are several airlines that do deliver splendid meals and I bet they are more subtle in their menus than the mass transit airlines. For instance the El Al menu appeared to be simple and direct
    Anyone else notice this about menus on some airlines???

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Interesting question. I think some people do read the menus (especially if other inflight options aren't great). There is something to be said for the psychological effect of using nice adjectives to describe your product :).

@Lucky