ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

no TSA Pre-check when booking UA via LifeMiles

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by MarkM, May 26, 2018.

1. MarkM

MarkM Reader

Anyone know how to get around this?

Yesterday I booked an award ticket via LifeMiles on a United domestic flight. LifeMiles does not have a field online to enter in the Known Traveler/Pass ID #. So after I booked the ticket with LifeMiles, I called UA and asked the agent to enter in my Known Traveler # into each passengers record (even though UA has that info in our MP accounts.). I also asked the UA agent to switch my MP # out for the LifeMiles number that was showing up in the record. (What did it matter, I wasn't earning miles for these award tickets). The agent said she could not swap the #'s. My hope was that by having the MP # related to the record, all my Known Traveler info would flow thru to the boarding pass so that I'd get TSA Precheck (provided thru Global Entry.) When I printed my boarding pass this morning (for tomorrow's flight), no TSA Pre-check.

Anyone know how to fix this for future bookings? Dozens of flights since Global Entry, never denied TSA Pre-check except for today.

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

If you bring the physical card with you, any agent at the check-in desk can manually add your number.

It’s about the only use of the physical card yet!

3. nomarkup

nomarkup New Member

FIGURED IT OUT !
    When we got to the airport to check in, I went to the kiosk and it asked me if I had a KNOWN TRAVELER NUMBER, plus it let me remove the LifeMiles ff # and put in my MP #. That solved two problems. 1) now my boarding pass had TSA Pre-check, and 2) it moved me from boarding group 3 to group 2, consistent with my status.

MidSouth Skier likes this.