ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption New SQ Suites complication

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by AMB, Oct 30, 2017.

1. AMB

AMB Reader

Hi all - I'm looking to book SQ Suites next year and was wondering what would happen in a particular instance.

If I book 2 seats in SQ Suites and the plane ends up being the new one with 6 seats instead of 12, is there any precedent that they would downgrade instead of allow us to keep our seats? Additionally, how far in advance would this be likely to occur? Does anyone have experience getting bumped and being able to rebook into Suites?

I know there's a good chance there's no good answer to this yet, but I was wondering if there have been similar experiences in the past that people have had that would relate to this. If there's a good chance we get downgraded and they're not particularly accommodating, I will probably try to avoid dates that might be getting the new plane. On the other hand, if they're generally good about honoring existing tickets or reaccommodating, I'll probably take the chance for the new seat.

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

I think Ben specifically made some speculative bookings just so he could try the new product. I think in the end if the airline sells you an F ticket whether it is with miles or cash they would be obligated to to provide the product. I would definitely take the chance and be on top of your reservation to catch any issues quickly.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    No Name likes this.