ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Narita or Haneda?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by MMM, Oct 10, 2017.

1. MMM

MMM Member

What do you guys all prefer? Is flying into Haneda (ANA) worth $100 more in airfare in terms of time saved and airline choice compared to flying into Narita (Air Canada)?

2. Mick

Mick Member

I would personally always choose Haneda as so much closer to the city. So if time on the ground is tight then definitely try for haneda.

Traffic is pretty bad from narita so hop on the train to Tokyo. Pretty fun way to see a little bit of the "countryside" if you go down that route.

The central train station in Tokyo has really good food to take with you on th train if you head back to narita.

MidSouth Skier and MMM like this.
  3. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

I think it depends where you're going in Tokyo. I find Narita can actually be more convenient (because of the train), but it really depends on your destination.

4. MMM

MMM Member

Hi Tiffany,

Thanks for your reply. I'll be staying in Shinjuku, about 10 mins walk from Shinjuku Station.

5. wilve

wilve Member

For Shinjuku, you definitely want Haneda. Take the train to Shinigawa and hop on the Yamanote line.

If you’re a taxi/Uber person, you’ll probably save over $100 going to/from Shinjuku/Haneda

Rob in Miami, Tiffany and MMM like this.
  6. MMM

MMM Member

Got it. Thank you Wilve.

7. Tiffany

@MMM -- If you plan on using public transit during your trip, hyperdia.com is a great site for looking up schedules in Tokyo. It can help you get a sense of distances and times too, which can otherwise be complicated in Tokyo.

MMM and Gaurav like this.
  8. MMM

MMM Member

Thanks Tiffany! I'm sure it'll come in handy.

Quick question- I haven't bought my airplane tix yet but just saw Ben's article on Amex's bonus transfer to Virgin Atlantic (for ANA use). I followed his instructions & tried searching on United for Business Class, but can't seem to find anything on ANA for YVR to TYO for Nov 22 and Nov 29 return. My schedule is rather fixed because of work. Can PointsPro help in this situation if I used you guys? I don't want to wait too much longer if I have to end up buying an economy ticket but I sure would like to take advantage of this Amex transfer bonus, if you think it's possible. Thanks!

9. Tiffany

If you have fixed dates, and/or a specific route that you're after, and are savvy enough to be posting questions here, then there's honestly probably not much value we can add. ANA sometimes offers a little bit more space to their members, so it's worth creating an account to check, but beyond that probably not much magic we can work here, realistically.

MMM likes this.