ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Elite Status Mileage by Cathay Pacific

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by A.M, Oct 10, 2017.

1. A.M

A.M Reader

I am Lufthansa star alliance member.
    As one of the members of it, can I claim mileage for flights from Tel -Aviv to Hong-Kong by Cathay Pacific?

How can I claim also for mileage for flights from Taipei to Hong-Kong and Shanghai to Hong-Kong (bout by Cathay Pacific)?

Thx

2. rickyw

rickyw Active Member

Do you know the fare class you booked? I would go to wheretocredit.com and see who would give you the most mileage

3. David W

David W Well-Known Member

LH & CX's partnership is somewhat specific - you can only credit and earn miles on specific routes that are part of the partnership. Per the M&M website, you can only earn miles on the following CX operated flights:

Hong Kong - Auckland, New Zealand in both directions
    Hong Kong - Cairns, Australia in both directions
    Hong Kong - Melbourne, Australia in both directions
    Hong Kong - Sydney, Australia in both directions

I'm sort of surprised that CX operated flights from HKG to FRA/DUS/ZRH wont earn miles with M&M, but I guess that's just a way to keep members flying LH Group airlines instead.