ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

marriott new 120k offer

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by larry, Nov 8, 2017.

1. larry

larry New Member

wondering if this is worthwhile to put 12k of spend on. with 120k points i know i could get 2 nights at a ritz carlton for between 1500+ $..... but am i better to use citi prestige or straight amex card or chase preferred? with citi or amex i could get 3x=36k pts so seems like if i like ritz/ jw marriott it is worth it. am i looking at it right?

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

@larry, I'm not clear what you are comparing. It might not be worth it for areas where you earn bonused spend in a transferable currency but my understanding is that the Marriott card offers 10x on everyday spend as well (someone correct me if I'm wrong). So it would make a good complement for the other cards you've mentioned.