ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Lifemiles and expert flyer

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Mick, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Mick

Mick Member

Hi All! I am having a unique situation right now where I see availability on ANA from the USA to Australia (on expert flyer and on the lifemiles website). I am trying to use lifemiles to book it but it errors out. Then the availability disappears from expert flyer and the lifemiles website

Has happened a couple of times in the last few days?!

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

3. Mick

Mick Member

THanks David (as always). Ive tried a few times but it errors out at the page where I enter passenger information. And then it disappears from expert flyer which is the strange bit. I tried another day and it took me to the payment page so I am thinking this may not be actual availability.... Will keep trying though thanks

4. David W

Usually if I see it on United and Aeroplan, the space is good.

Totally speculating but the space disappearing from EF might just mean that Lifemiles pulled the seats for your booking while it was trying to process your ticket.

Tiffany likes this.
  5. Mick

Mick Member

Thanks David. Appreciate your help! My other alternative is to fly ORD-LAX-SYD or ORD-IAH-SYD, but I cannot find any availability whatsoever on the domestic leg. THe long leg is fine in J, but even an economy seat (with 1-2 legs) doesnt show up on lifemiles.

Tiffany likes this.
  6. David W

If you can find ORD-LAX (direct in any cabin) on Lifemiles by itself and LAX-SYD in J by itself on Lifemiles, take screenshots and email it to them with all other details and they should be able to create a booking for you.