ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Lifemile award redemptions

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by JW19, Oct 6, 2017.

1. JW19

JW19 Reader

Hi Lucky,

There is a new search engine being loaded into Lifemiles that actually reduces the cost of redemption if you have a mixed cabin combination. However I also realized that most of the airlines previously available for redemption that have wide open availability such as Asiana and EVA are now completely gone. Any idea or news on this?

2. Daniel Nunes

Daniel Nunes Reader

LIFEMILES upgraded it's seach tool but that was not just an "upgrade".

In fact, since yesterday the new search tool started to work, it's impossible to find, at least, ASIANA and EVA awards.

I sent an email to LIFEMILES, saying that probably could be a system problem. They answered me saying there is no problem.

Since in Brazil there is a rumor that LIFEMILES would integrate with AMIGO (Avianca Brazillian program), I'm afraid that LIFEMILES is starting to work as AMIGO (with AMIGO, even being part of Star Alliance, it's impossible to find rewards from ASIANA, EVA, THAI and some others companies).

3. Morgz45

Morgz45 Reader

It looks like Avianca Lifemiles have introduced a new web interface screen and I am currently unable to see ANY star alliance award space - just says "not available"
    Was checking award space a few days ago on the "old" interface and all was OK.
    Anyone have the same problem or have a work around - Can I phone them (uugh!) to make a booking.

4. Morgz45

Morgz45 New Member

Over the past few days I have been monitoring award availability for Thai Airways on Lifemiles (Avianca)
    They have now changed their award screen layout and I am unable to see ANY Star Alliance (or Thai) availability!!!
    Has anyone else noticed the same problem or is it just me (or my computer)?
    It is now getting critical.
    Any help I can get will be appreciated.

5. kpottermn

kpottermn New Member

I think it's a technical issue with the new format - LifeMiles is notoriously buggy.
    At the home screen, change your location (dropdown top center) to Colombia. Then when you go to book award tickets, it should revert to the old format -- with greater availability.

6. Morgz45

Morgz45 New Member

Kpottermn
    To kpottermn
    Many thanks for your help, I tried it as soon as I read your reply and got my redemption exactly as I wanted.
    If we ever meet up I owe you a "beer", Many thanks for your interest and help in replying.
    Regards
    Morgz45

7. kpottermn

kpottermn New Member

Glad it worked for you! Looks like you booked just in the nick of time -- I can't get the Colombia workaround to work anymore.

8. Morgz45

Morgz45 New Member

Obviously this is now more than a computer "glitch" and should be given serious investigation.
    How do we Escalate this up to the Executive team for an explanation of what exactly is happening?
    Is there a Moderator on this page that can take it up?

9. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member