ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Last minute KrisFlyer Star Alliance partner award booking question.

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Jason S, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Jason S

Jason S Reader

Hi Lucky (and forum readers),

I'm looking to make a Lufthansa First class booking with Singapore KrisFlyer miles (FRA -> LAX). If the seats become available at the 2 week mark, I've got no problem. However, if the seats become available the night before the 10am flight, is that time period (essentially 12 hours until departure) too short for KrisFlyer to make a partner booking? What are people's experiences booking this way so last minute? I could also book through United, but I'd rather pay 80,000 miles with SQ instead of the 110,000 with UA. Aeroplan would be a great choice, but unfortunately I don't have enough points with them for the 2 tickets I'm looking for.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jason S

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

The only thing I saw under SQ rules was that upgrades must be confirmed 24 hours before flights so I am assuming you will be fine but I would call SQ just to confirm. Assuming they allow close in booking at that point, that should be enough time. Just keep an eye and make sure you get your ticket number.