ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Kris Flyer

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by And1&2, Oct 12, 2017.

1. And1&2

And1&2 Reader

Hi - I have a couple of questions:

I presently have two separate award tickets - one from ORD to CDG on AA and the second from CDG to DXB on Emirates. I am a US passport holder and wondering if I am allowed to go past immigration at CDG, collect my bag and go right up to departures to check-in for my flight to DXB (the time in-between is about 3 hours)?

And secondly, my spouse has a Star Alliance award ticket through Kris Flyer and were wondering if need to cancel it, what are the fees we might incur?

Thank you!!

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

3. David W

David W Well-Known Member

You actually must go thru immigration, collect bags and re-check. AA will only check your bag to CDG and cannot check it to your Emirates flight. Based on your separate tickets, you're not considered a "real" transit/connecting passenger so you'd follow signage for arrivals, immigration and bag claim, not connections.