ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Korean SkyPass Miles redemption on Alaska Airlines

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Rohit Deshpande, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Rohit Deshpande

Hi guys, so I have a little over 23K KE miles that are expiring pretty soon, so I wanted to use it for Alaska roundtrip in the US which would run me at 20K miles. I saw award space still open on Alaska's site for the 4th of Jan (the date I was planning on running this quick roundtrip). So with 20K roundtrip, that means coach is 10K one way, and first class is 40K roundtrip so F is 20K one way. I know with KE awards on partners you have to book roundtrip, so will they allow one-way in coach and way back in first for a total of 30K? I can transfer the missing 7K points from Chase Ultimate rewards points. Or does both flights have to be coach/ first class? Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

You should be able to check by calling and having KE put the award on hold. If it works, then transfer the points. KE is pretty generous with holds so you don't run too much risk.

3. Rohit Deshpande

Ok glad to hear that is viable, and also I have a follow up question. I know it's a slight upcharge but I was looking at the Korean skypass chart for delta first class, I was wondering if the 45K roundtrip in delta first class also applies to Delta one between LAX and JFK or if that goes under a separate category, because I don't mind transferring extra points if needed. Thanks!

4. Rohit Deshpande

Sorry for my ambiguity, I mean the same question as for Alaska, can I do one way delta one and one way delta coach and it would fall in the same category as "first class" or does KE classify transcon delta one into another category? Thanks again!

5. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. Try calling and share what you find :)!

6. Rohit Deshpande

Of course! So I called and no J class availability was visible to them at all. As a matter of fact they didn't even see any Economy award space on delta between LAX and JFK. Also to the main question, you can do one way in business/first and another way in economy, however they will charge your entire rountrip at the business price so the agent said it's better to fly both business if you want one leg. Not that it mattered at this point because there were no delta one award seats;). But for next time hopefully they'll see more. Anyone know why delta is so stingy with saved awards?

Gaurav likes this.