ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Korean Airlines dropping SFO 747

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Mike F., Nov 13, 2017.

1. Mike F.

Mike F. Reader

Was scheduled to fly Korean Airlines 747 service from SFO to Seoul on December 25. I checked today and it looks like the flight has been replaced with a 777 300ER. Kind of disappointing as I was booked in First and was looking forward to one final trip in the Queen of the Skies.

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Mike did you check other days (could be just a one off change).

3. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Mike, when did you book your flight?

There are two daily flights on Korean from SFO. One has been operated by a 777-300 since at least July 2017. The second was operated by the 747, but switched to a 777-300 on September 1st.

It looks like all US destinations for Korean are now served by either the 777-300 or the A380.

By the way, all info came from FlightAware.