ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption KLM / AF miles usage help

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by NorFlyer, Dec 8, 2017.

1. NorFlyer

NorFlyer Reader

How far to get in C or F with 350`k miles and Skyteam from Europe?
    2 adults - (and maybe one infant)
    As per promo awards we can get where we want in C, however, as this will probably be once in our lifetime tirip we would like to enjoy first class travel far far away. Destination can be a city, beach or holiday resort.

Any tips how to create the trip with transferring miles to other partners, finding the trips and more?

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Do you have elite status? Unfortunately AirFrance restricts first class awards to their own elite members. Would you settle for Business?

Promo awards come out quarterly so I'd wait for a nice Caribbean destination as that would give you 8-9 hours or so in comfort

3. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Also, wherever you end up going, traveling on award tickets with an infant can turn out to be expensive. Though this post is a few years old (2014) if the baby must come with you, be aware of the costs involved. Here's what the charge for Air France was at the time the post was written:

Air France/KLM
    SkyTeam
    • 10% of the adult revenue fare, plus taxes & fees
    • Any segments on partners must be booked through partners
    FlyingBlue will only issue infant tickets on their own metal

So if your business class ticket would cost 2000 EUR, be prepared to pay 200 EUR for the child.