ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

International to International connection at ORD

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by BVB1909, Nov 10, 2017.

1. BVB1909

BVB1909 New Member

Hello,
    I have an International to International connection at ORD coming up next week and would like to know the procedure.

Do I have to pick up my bags and take them and myself through US Customs and then security again or do I stay in the International area since I have no plans to actually enter the USA? This will, of course, make for a much easier connection than going through all this hassle. Thank you for your answers.

2. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

Tiffany likes this.
  3. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

In general, the US doesn't have sterile transit for international connections, so you will have to enter the US in order to connect.