ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Help with compensation on EU flight

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Josh Epstein, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Josh Epstein

Josh Epstein Reader

Has anyone successfully received compensation thru the EU passenger bill of rights for a cancelled European flight? We were supposed to, i submitted all the proper paperwork, and now instead, we've been offered travel funds from the airline which is not nearly as enticing or useful as unrestricted funds. I'm wondering whether/how to appeal their decision. Any world travelers have ideas? The frequent fliers on our airline when it happened seemed to believe we would automatically get the full compensation, no strings attached based on prior experience. Thx

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Have you tried contacting the carrier and asking for unrestricted funds?