ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Help Booking FlyerBlue Award

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by FlyerDad, Oct 18, 2017.

1. FlyerDad

FlyerDad New Member

Hi Lucky: Hoping you can help given all your experience booking award tickets. I am trying to book a one-way award ticket using FB miles. I want to go from VIE-SFO this summer. I found the perfect date flying Delta business class (which is my preferred business cabin).

The FB website shows all of the award segments I want as open; VIE-CDG, CDG-LAX, and LAX-SFO. No extended layovers. The system won't display the entire route as available, however. In the past, I've simply called the airline and fed the open segments to a CSR who can book them. With FB, however, the CSR is saying that even though the award segments are open, they can't book the route unless the entire route shows as available.

Have you ever had this happen with FB? Is this a HUCA situation, or is this really a hard and fast rule? Thank you very much for your help.

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Some airlines do enforce this but I'd definitely try calling back to see if you can find an agent who can put it together for you. Good luck!