ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Help! AA saying they can book one reservation but charge me for 2 award redemption

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Trup, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Trup

Trup Reader

Hello, I am trying to book from OKC-LIM-CUZ (Machi Pichu!) The LIM-CUZ flight is on Latam Airlines. The first person i called form AA was not helpful so i hung up and tried the next person. The next person informed me i cant book LATAM through AA.com, but he can do it for me. There was no milesaver space and anytime award would be 65k miles. (i already knew this and while it sucks, its better than any other options i can find) However he said that's only to Lima, and since Latam only operates economy on LIM-CUZ i would have to pay an additional 6k miles for that section as those miles are considered economy milesaver. He said i cant mix business anytime with economy milesaver. Does that sound right? I know i could use Avios for 4,500 for LIM-CUZ but i would rather use my AA miles and have it all one one reservation. (which the agent said ti would still be). Thanks.

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Hi @Trup, unfortunately you cannot combine saver and anytime legs on a single reservation - to clarify--you have to pay for the legs separately as the agent mentioned but you can have them on the same record locator. Annoying but the agent is correct.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    No Name likes this.